Fun Things to Do in Charleston, WV
If you are a local looking for a break from routine, a visitor seeking recommendations, or a new resident trying to get to know the town, Land Rover Charleston has you covered. There are plenty of activities to fully enjoy the weather in Charleston, WV. Explore some our favorite fun and unique things to do in Charleston and places to visit, and contact us with any questions!
Mountain Stage Live Shows
The Mountain Stage with Larry Groce radio show, distributed by NPR to over 240 stations across America, can be attended live right here in Charleston! Many shows sell out sell out so be sure to plan ahead! Upcoming acts to look forward to at the Culture Center Theater in Charleston:
- Hiss Golden Messenger – July 15th
- Jeff Daniels and the Ben Daniels Band – July 29th
- Amanda Shires – September 23rd
Look for the bright red facade on Capitol Street to find the independent bookstore Taylor Books. If you love the smell of old books, are looking for your next page-turner or coffee table publication stop by Taylor Books. It also offers:
- Unique gifts
- Free Wi-Fi!
- A coffee shop
- An art gallery featuring local artists
Axes and Ales
Who would have thought that axe-throwing could be part of your regular weekend routine in 21st-century West Virginia? Fulfill your viking warrior dreams at Axes and Ales, where you can enjoy:
- Local beers on tap
- Wine and Bottled domestic beers
- Axe-throwing courts for up to 4 on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays
- Real axes and real wood, with digital game boards and axe-throwing games
When you get hungry from the viking raids, you can feast at The Lucky Dill Deli right next door!
Mountain State Food Tours
Foodies and history buffs alike in Huntington and Wheeling will enjoy Mountain State Food Tours, which takes guests around Charleston on a 2.5-hour guided historical walking tour, with stops built into it for a progressive dinner at top local restaurants:
- 5 food stops
- Good for adventurous appetites of all ages
- Tour groups of up to 15
Visitors and locals alike call the Culture Center a must-see stop. This free museum has stunning historical and artistic exhibits and events such as:
- Yearly Quilts and Wall Hangings Juried Exhibit
- Recreation of historical Charleston streets
- Mountain Forest Festival handmade Queen Sylvia gowns from 1930 to the present
- The Summer Campy Movie Series
More From Land Rover Charleston near Parkersburg
Check out our favorite restaurants in Charleston, WV, or explore to find some new favorite spot of your own! Want to take a break? Head out for the day or the weekend on one of these West Virginia road trips.