Fun Activities in Huntington, WV
Whether you are a visitor from Wheeling or you are a Huntington local that wants to rediscover Huntington attractions, there are plenty of things to do in Huntington, WV, for you and your group of friends and family. We created a handy guide of the top fun things to do in Huntington, WV. Explore our favorites today, and contact us if you have any questions!
Sights, Landmarks, and Museums
Are you searching for “Huntington, WV things to do” where you can take your kids to learn about local history or even take in some culture near Parkersburg? Below are a few places to visit:
- Heritage Farm Museum and Village – This special outdoor history attraction includes seven award-winning museums, where you can learn about pioneer life, Appalachian culture, and enjoy interactive exhibits. They even have a petting zoo and a year-long calendar of events and festivals!
- Huntington Museum of Art – Visit this art museum to discover some classic works and stroll the outdoor sculpture courts. They even have an outdoor Sensory Trail for the visually impaired who still want to experience art. Admission is free on Tuesdays, and only $5 Wednesday – Sunday.
- Museum of Radio and Technology – If you are an aficionado of antiques, gramophones, or radio culture, this small hidden gem is worth stopping by. Hours are 10-4 on Saturdays and 1-4 on Sundays, with additional Friday hours in the warmer months.
When searching for things to do near Huntington, WV that are entertaining and fun, why not check out some nature parks or places to play games? When you want fun things to do in Huntington, WV, these outdoor activities are great places to check out:
- Ritter Park – This beautiful park is conveniently located on Huntington’s south side, with a dog park area, a rose garden, walking trails, tennis courts, and even an award-winning playground.
- Harris Riverfront Park – As the name suggests, this park offers views of the Ohio River, as well as a boat ramp for trips on the river, an amphitheater for shows throughout the year, a playground, a picnic area, a skate park, and walking trails.
- Camden Park – This waterpark and amusement park is a great place to have fun and cool off. They have rides and games, mini-golf, paddle boats, and food and drink concessions. General admission is $17.99 Sunday through Friday and $19.99 on Saturdays, with season pass deals and various discounts listed on their site.
Concerts, Shows, and Shopping
Things to do in Huntington, WV includes going to concerts, various shows, and enjoying a day of shopping. Here are some top places to visit:
- Pullman Square – Pullman Square is not only a stunning outdoor shopping center, but it also offers a summer concert series, and farmers markets on Wednesdays and Saturdays May – October.
- Keith Albee Performing Arts Center – This 1928 theater is one of the most treasured West Virginia landmarks, with a ceiling that simulates a starry night sky. You can see anything here from a live comedy show to the world premiere of a film. This place has hosted major entertainers from every era and medium, from Stomp to Whoopi Goldberg to Duke Ellington to Eleanor Roosevelt to the Russian ballet.
Get West Virginia Local Recommendations
If you’re searching “Huntington, WV things to do,” check out our handy guide. We can’t wait for you to explore the local activities and recommendations with Land Rover Charleston, from West Virginia road trips to summer events in Charleston and so much more! We love being a part of the community and look forward to helping people discover the best places to visit and fun things to do near Huntington, WV.