How Much Can the Range Rover Velar Tow?
The 2020 Range Rover Velar can tow up to 5,512 pounds, and it offers a wide range of performance technologies for better towing on Huntington roads. Learn more about Range Rover Velar towing at Land Rover Charleston, then browse our inventory to find a Range Rover Velar for sale near Parkersburg at a great price.
Range Rover Velar Towing Capacity By Trim Level
Range Rover Velar S and Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic S
- 5,291 pounds towing capacity — with a 247 hp turbocharged 2.0L 4-cylinder engine and 269 lb-ft of torque
- 5,512 pounds towing capacity — with a 340 hp supercharged 3.0L V6 engine and 332 lb-ft of torque
Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic HSE
- 5,512 pounds towing capacity — with a 380 hp supercharged 3.0L V6 engine and 332 lb-ft of torque
Range Rover Velar SVAutobiography Dynamic
- 5,291 pounds towing capacity — with a 550 hp supercharged 5.0L V8 engine and 502 lb-ft of torque
Range Rover Velar Towing Features
The 2020 Range Rover Velar comes standard with an array of safety features for easier towing, like Hill Launch Assist, Hill Descent Control, Low-Traction Launch, Cornering Brake Control, Torque Vectoring by Braking, and more:
- Trailer Stability Assist — uses sensors to detect trailer sway, then gradually reduces speed and applies brakes if necessary on either side to gain control of the sway.
- Advanced Tow Assist — this available feature can automatically steer the vehicle into the desired position for trailer hitching, which is preset by the driver from the InControl® Touch Pro™ Duo screen.
- 360° Surround Camera — this available feature uses four cameras to provide an overhead view of the vehicle, as well as multiple camera views at once for easier trailer hitching.
- Intelligent Driveline Dynamics — continually monitors conditions and wheel movement to detect loss of traction, and uses the Electronic Traction Control to redistribute torque to correct.
- Terrain Response® — select driving modes for different surfaces like Rock Crawl and Sand to maintain your grip even when towing. The available Terrain Response® 2 system automatically selects the best drive mode.
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution — automatically varies the braking force to each axle to reduce stopping distance, which is helpful when towing since the stopping distance will naturally be greater.
Range Rover Velar Towing Accessories
To outfit your model for towing, opt for a variety of genuine Land Rover accessories and packages:
- Tow hitch receiver – $665
- Tow Package – $1,610 — includes a tow hitch receiver, Advanced Tow Assist, 360° Surround Camera
- Deployable Side Step Package with Tow Package – $2,999
Test Drive a Range Rover Velar in Charleston
Learn more about Range Rover Velar features at Land Rover Charleston, and to experience Range Rover Velar capability in person, contact your local authorized Land Rover retailer for a test drive! Want a sleek and stylish Velar? View our white Range Rover Velar inventory or black Range Rover Velar models
More from Land Rover Charleston
Searching for a luxurious SUV that’s packed with incredible engine performance and best-in-class features for your Huntington commute? Explore the 2021 Land Rover Range Rover configurations to find the model that’s best suited for you. We have all of the details about this top-selling SUV, its standout features, and how it compares against the top…
The 2021 Land Rover Defender knows how to make heads turn on the roads in Huntington, thanks to its striking silhouette that boldly displays its iconic design. In this guide from Land Rover Charleston, we’re exploring the new Land Rover Defender interior, the sleek Land Rover Defender leather seats, the available OEM accessories to further enhance your…
The 2021 Land Rover Defender price varies, starting at $46,100 MSRP for the base-model Defender 90, to $83,000 MSRP, for the high-end Defender 110 X. No matter which of the Land Rover Defender trim levels that you select, you will have a vehicle that offers forward-thinking design and features that will take your Huntington-area drives…