How Much Can the Range Rover Velar Tow?
The 2020 Range Rover Velar can tow up to 5,512 pounds, and it offers a wide range of performance technologies for better towing on Huntington roads. Learn more about Range Rover Velar towing at Land Rover Charleston, then browse our inventory to find a Range Rover Velar for sale near Parkersburg at a great price.
Range Rover Velar Towing Capacity By Trim Level
Range Rover Velar S and Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic S
- 5,291 pounds towing capacity — with a 247 hp turbocharged 2.0L 4-cylinder engine and 269 lb-ft of torque
- 5,512 pounds towing capacity — with a 340 hp supercharged 3.0L V6 engine and 332 lb-ft of torque
Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic HSE
- 5,512 pounds towing capacity — with a 380 hp supercharged 3.0L V6 engine and 332 lb-ft of torque
Range Rover Velar SVAutobiography Dynamic
- 5,291 pounds towing capacity — with a 550 hp supercharged 5.0L V8 engine and 502 lb-ft of torque
Range Rover Velar Towing Features
The 2020 Range Rover Velar comes standard with an array of safety features for easier towing, like Hill Launch Assist, Hill Descent Control, Low-Traction Launch, Cornering Brake Control, Torque Vectoring by Braking, and more:
- Trailer Stability Assist — uses sensors to detect trailer sway, then gradually reduces speed and applies brakes if necessary on either side to gain control of the sway.
- Advanced Tow Assist — this available feature can automatically steer the vehicle into the desired position for trailer hitching, which is preset by the driver from the InControl® Touch Pro™ Duo screen.
- 360° Surround Camera — this available feature uses four cameras to provide an overhead view of the vehicle, as well as multiple camera views at once for easier trailer hitching.
- Intelligent Driveline Dynamics — continually monitors conditions and wheel movement to detect loss of traction, and uses the Electronic Traction Control to redistribute torque to correct.
- Terrain Response® — select driving modes for different surfaces like Rock Crawl and Sand to maintain your grip even when towing. The available Terrain Response® 2 system automatically selects the best drive mode.
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution — automatically varies the braking force to each axle to reduce stopping distance, which is helpful when towing since the stopping distance will naturally be greater.
Range Rover Velar Towing Accessories
To outfit your model for towing, opt for a variety of genuine Land Rover accessories and packages:
- Tow hitch receiver – $665
- Tow Package – $1,610 — includes a tow hitch receiver, Advanced Tow Assist, 360° Surround Camera
- Deployable Side Step Package with Tow Package – $2,999
Test Drive a Range Rover Velar in Charleston
Learn more about Range Rover Velar features at Land Rover Charleston, and to experience Range Rover Velar capability in person, contact your local authorized Land Rover retailer for a test drive! Want a sleek and stylish Velar? View our white Range Rover Velar inventory or black Range Rover Velar models
More from Land Rover Charleston
With seating for up to seven Huntington passengers and a roomy cargo bay, you won’t have any issues stowing your luggage or comfortably transporting your family in the roomy SUV. If you do run out of space, no worries. The Land Rover Discovery can to up to 8,201 pounds when properly equipped—more than enough room…
The 2021 Range Rover paint colors come in an array of colors that includes timeless classics like Fuji White, bold options like matte black, or fan favorites like Madagascar Orange and British Racing Green. This model offers almost three-dozen exterior colors and a just as an equally impressive range of interior colors. Huntington shoppers won’t…
The 2021 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque provides car drivers with advanced features and unique stylings. These are features like perforated leather seats, ambient interior lighting, and several premium audio system options. Explore the new Range Rover Evoque interior at Land Rover Charleston, then give us a call to explore the Range Rover Evoque capacity in person…