Land Rover InControl® Apps™
Land Rover InControl® Apps™ allow you to integrate apps from most Android™ and Apple iOS® smartphones with your Land Rover infotainment touchscreen. Find out how Huntington and Parkersburg drivers can enhance their commutes and road trips with this feature at Land Rover Charleston, and contact us if you have any questions!
How Do I Set Up Land Rover InControl® Apps™?
To install Land Rover InControl® Apps™:
- Search for Land Rover InControl® Apps™ in the Apple App Store or Google Play depending on the smartphone you have.
- Select the app, then download, accept, and install it.
- Make sure the installation was completed by finding the Land Rover InControl® Apps™ icon on your smartphone screen.
- Follow the Auto Quick Start Guide to complete setting it up.
To connect your smartphone to your vehicle with InControl® Apps™:
- While in your vehicle, pair your smartphone to your vehicle’s Bluetooth to enable phone calls and audio streaming.
- With the USB cord that came with your smartphone (not a charging-only cord), plug your phone into the InControl® Apps™ USB port (not a charging-only port).
- If you have an iPhone and InControl Apps is not currently open, open the app now.
- If you have an Android, select ‘Always Allow’.
- Leaving your phone unlocked, select InControl Apps on your Land Rover touchscreen.
- Select View to use apps without audio and select View and Listen to use apps with audio.
Each third-party app will be grayed out with a key symbol until an additional setup process is completed for each app:
- Select one of the grayed out apps on your vehicle’s touchscreen, read the instructions, and press Start.
- On your mobile device, approve the pop-up that appears.
- On your vehicle touchscreen, press the home button.
- On your mobile device, approve the second pop-up that appears.
- Repeat for all third-party apps to unlock them on your Land Rover touchscreen.
What Apps Can I Use with Land Rover InControl® Apps™?
- Access apps like Newsbeat, Rivet Radio, Rdio, Audiobooks, and Stitcher for news and entertainment
- Take advantage of Cityseeker, Eventseeker, and Hotelseeker, and Parkopedia to find points of interest or get to know a new city
- Use MobileDay® for effortless online meetings and conference calls in the car
- Check out Sygic and Glympse for navigation and GPS tracking information
- Mileage Tracker Pro can help with route data and mpg usage
What is the Land Rover InControl® Remote™ App?
Even when you aren’t in your Land Rover, you can still interact with it via smartphone or Apple Watch® using the Land Rover InControl® Remote™ app. Effortlessly use remote engine start, lock/unlock the car, or pre-climatize your vehicle with the climate control function. Enjoy the latest security standards by using the app to track your vehicle remotely, or keep your vehicle in great shape with maintenance alerts and fuel level monitoring.
Control the Roads with Land Rover Charleston
When choosing a new vehicle equipped with InControl Apps, compare Range Rover family models like the Range Rover Velar vs. Range Rover Evoque. When you are ready to see this Land Rover technology in person, schedule a test drive at Land Rover Charleston near Wheeling!