What Is Land Rover Adaptive Cruise Control?
Available in new Land Rover models, Land Rover Adaptive Cruise Control goes beyond the cruise control feature you’re used to. Adaptive Cruise Control comes standard with Cruise Control & Speed Limiter, enabling a maximum speed limit to help you avoid speeding in Huntington, but that’s not all. Learn more from Land Rover Charleston right here!
How Does Adaptive Cruise Control Work?
- When Adaptive Cruise Control is engaged, the vehicle’s speed automatically reduces if a slower moving vehicle is detected in front of you.
- The system uses its sensors to maintain a safe following distance to the vehicle ahead.
- If the system detects that the slower moving vehicle is no longer present, it automatically raises your vehicle speed back up to the originally set cruise control speed.
Deactivating Adaptive Cruise Control
Adaptive Cruise Control will turn itself off sometimes, but retains its most recent memory settings. It does so under these circumstances on Parkersburg roads:
- The CAN button on the steering wheel is pressed.
- The brake pedal is pressed.
- All Terrain Progress Control (ATPC) is selected.
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) or Electronic Traction Control (ETC) activates.
- The Electric Parking Brake (EPB) is applied.
- Hill Descent Control (HDC) is selected.
- When the speed limiter is in operation (when the pre-set speed limit has been reached).
Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go / Queue Assist
New Land Rover models that include Adaptive Cruise Control also feature Stop & Go or Queue Assist. (These are the same features, just referred to by different names.) Here’s how it helps you stay safer on Wheeling highways:
- This feature is used in slow-moving lines of heavy traffic.
- When the vehicle in front of you slows to a standstill, the system brings your vehicle to a standstill.
- When the vehicle in front of you moves forward again, tap the accelerator pedal and the system will continue to maintain a safe following distance.
- The following distance can be adjusted on your steering wheel-mounted controls.
What Models Have Adaptive Cruise Control?
- 2019 Range Rover: Available on base trim with the Drive Pro Package
- 2019 Range Rover Sport: Available on base trim with the Drive Pro Package
- 2019 Range Rover Velar: Available on higher trim levels as an individual add-on
- 2019 Range Rover Evoque: Available on base trim with Driver Assistance Plus Package
- 2019 Discovery: Available on base trim with Drive Package
- 2019 Discovery Sport: Available on higher trim levels as an individual add-on
Learn More at Land Rover Charleston
Land Rover Safety features and technology are on full display in Charleston. Stop by and see the Land Rover InControl Touch Pro multimedia and navigation display, among other next-generation features. Contact us today for a test drive! Our knowledgeable salespeople, expert finance staff, and experienced service personnel are sure to help you find the vehicle that meets your unique needs.
More From Land Rover Charleston
Drivers in Huntington who think that options are limited when it comes to fuel economy in the luxury SUV segment, think again. Explore the Range Rover fuel economy ratings that are offered on the 2019 Land Rover Range Rover model at Land Rover Charleston. Explore your options today at Land Rover Charleston before taking the 2019 Land Rover Range…
Available in new Land Rover models, Land Rover Adaptive Cruise Control goes beyond the cruise control feature you’re used to. Adaptive Cruise Control comes standard with Cruise Control & Speed Limiter, enabling a maximum speed limit to help you avoid speeding in Huntington, but that’s not all. Learn more from Land Rover Charleston right here! Contact Us…
If you are shopping for a high-end luxury SUV with off-road capabilities in Huntington or Parkersburg, consider the 2019 Land Rover Range Rover at your local authorized Land Rover retailer. Take a closer look at Range Rover configurations to find out which trim level has the features you need at the price you want, then learn more about…