What Is Land Rover Adaptive Cruise Control?
Available in new Land Rover models, Land Rover Adaptive Cruise Control goes beyond the cruise control feature you’re used to. Adaptive Cruise Control comes standard with Cruise Control & Speed Limiter, enabling a maximum speed limit to help you avoid speeding in Huntington, but that’s not all. Learn more from Land Rover Charleston right here!
How Does Adaptive Cruise Control Work?
- When Adaptive Cruise Control is engaged, the vehicle’s speed automatically reduces if a slower moving vehicle is detected in front of you.
- The system uses its sensors to maintain a safe following distance to the vehicle ahead.
- If the system detects that the slower moving vehicle is no longer present, it automatically raises your vehicle speed back up to the originally set cruise control speed.
Deactivating Adaptive Cruise Control
Adaptive Cruise Control will turn itself off sometimes, but retains its most recent memory settings. It does so under these circumstances on Parkersburg roads:
- The CAN button on the steering wheel is pressed.
- The brake pedal is pressed.
- All Terrain Progress Control (ATPC) is selected.
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) or Electronic Traction Control (ETC) activates.
- The Electric Parking Brake (EPB) is applied.
- Hill Descent Control (HDC) is selected.
- When the speed limiter is in operation (when the pre-set speed limit has been reached).
Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go / Queue Assist
New Land Rover models that include Adaptive Cruise Control also feature Stop & Go or Queue Assist. (These are the same features, just referred to by different names.) Here’s how it helps you stay safer on Wheeling highways:
- This feature is used in slow-moving lines of heavy traffic.
- When the vehicle in front of you slows to a standstill, the system brings your vehicle to a standstill.
- When the vehicle in front of you moves forward again, tap the accelerator pedal and the system will continue to maintain a safe following distance.
- The following distance can be adjusted on your steering wheel-mounted controls.
What Models Have Adaptive Cruise Control?
- 2019 Range Rover: Available on base trim with the Drive Pro Package
- 2019 Range Rover Sport: Available on base trim with the Drive Pro Package
- 2019 Range Rover Velar: Available on higher trim levels as an individual add-on
- 2019 Range Rover Evoque: Available on base trim with Driver Assistance Plus Package
- 2019 Discovery: Available on base trim with Drive Package
- 2019 Discovery Sport: Available on higher trim levels as an individual add-on
Learn More at Land Rover Charleston
Land Rover Safety features and technology are on full display in Charleston. Stop by and see the Land Rover InControl Touch Pro multimedia and navigation display, among other next-generation features. Contact us today for a test drive! Our knowledgeable salespeople, expert finance staff, and experienced service personnel are sure to help you find the vehicle that meets your unique needs.
More From Land Rover Charleston
Searching for a luxurious SUV that’s packed with incredible engine performance and best-in-class features for your Huntington commute? Explore the 2021 Land Rover Range Rover configurations to find the model that’s best suited for you. We have all of the details about this top-selling SUV, its standout features, and how it compares against the top…
The 2021 Land Rover Defender knows how to make heads turn on the roads in Huntington, thanks to its striking silhouette that boldly displays its iconic design. In this guide from Land Rover Charleston, we’re exploring the new Land Rover Defender interior, the sleek Land Rover Defender leather seats, the available OEM accessories to further enhance your…
The 2021 Land Rover Defender price varies, starting at $46,100 MSRP for the base-model Defender 90, to $83,000 MSRP, for the high-end Defender 110 X. No matter which of the Land Rover Defender trim levels that you select, you will have a vehicle that offers forward-thinking design and features that will take your Huntington-area drives…